Mini Kisses Praline Bars
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2/3 cup butter, divided
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 3/4 cups (10 oz. package) Hershey’s Mini Kisses Chocolate Baking Pieces
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. Stir together flour and 1 cup brown sugar in large bowl; cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender until fine crumbs form. Press mixture into 13×9 inch baking pan; sprinkle with pecans.
3. Place remaining 2/3 cup butter and remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar in small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue boiling, stirring constantly, 30 seconds, until sugar dissolves; drizzle evenly over pecans and crust.
4. Bake 18-22 minutes until topping is bubbly and golden; remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle Mini Kisses over top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
Oil Pastry (Homemade Pie Crust)
Pico Windsor Road Christian Church Apples of Gold
Pastry for 10-inch two-crust pie
• 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
• 1½ teaspoons salt
• ¾ cup vegetable oil (I prefer Wesson Oil)
• 4-5 tablespoons cold water (put ice in water to make very cold)
Measure the flour and salt into bowl; add vegetable oil. Mix until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until flour is moistened and dough almost cleans side of bowl. Dough is best when you can see white “marbling” in the dough where the water and oil have mixed. A small amount of additional water can be added if needed. Form dough into a ball, and then divide in half. Press each half firmly into a ball. Shape dough into flattened round. Place flattened round between two 15-inch squares of waxed paper. Wipe counter with damp cloth to prevent paper from slipping. Roll pastry 2 inches larger than inverted pie pan. Be careful not to roll crust too thin at edges. Peel off top paper. Place pastry, paper side up, in pan. Peel off paper. Ease pastry loosely into pan. Add fruit filling. Repeat the above for top crust. Trim off excess crust and pinch the top and bottom together or roll under and pinch. Make a decorative edging (pinched, ruffled, with fork, etc.) Add slits or decorative cuts for steam to vent out of the pie. Remember to wrap edges with strips of aluminum foil to prevent over browning.
Joy’s Easy Praline Bars (Wilson Family Recipe)
24 Graham Crackers
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter
½ tsp Vanilla
½ cup chopped Pecans
Heat oven to 350 arrange crackers into a single layer on a greased cookie sheet. Heat brown sugar and
butter to boiling-boil 1 minute. Add Vanilla and pecans, pour over crackers and bake in oven bake for
about 20 minutes.
Joy’s Browned Butter Frosting (Wilson Family Recipe)
¼ cup butter- browned
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 Tbl Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
Rocky Road (Wilson Family Recipe)
4 4 ½ oz. milk chocolate bars (or chocolate chips)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
¾ cup coarsely broken walnuts
Partially melt chocolate over hot water, remove from heat and beat till smooth. Stir in marshmallows
and nuts. Spread in buttered 8 x8 pan. Chill, cut when firm.